COVID-19 Resources for Undocumented & Mixed Status Families


211 Utah2-1-1 is a free and confidential phone number that people across Utah can call or text to find the resources they need including food, legal assistance, mental health, housing & utilities, medical services, and more. Translation into 300 languages available. Call now or visit their website at (wait times may be long due to the coronavirus).


These COVID-19 resources are for immigrant families in Utah, including undocumented and mixed-status families.

Lee esto en EspañolFamilies First Stimulus Package

For help figuring out if you qualify and how to get your check, call the Economic Impact Payment Hotline: 800-568-9397 (They have one Spanish speaking volunteer running this hotline)

People who use ITIN’s will NOT qualify for the stimulus checks, nor will their families even if they are legal permanent residents or US citizens

DACA recipients who have a Social Security Numbers and file tax returns will be eligible for the checks and the IRS will automatically issue them. DACA recipients who do not file tax returns or have a social security number may not be eligible.

If you’re not required to file federal taxes due to low-income enter your info on the IRS website to receive up to $1200:

All people qualify for COVID-19 testing regardless of health insurance status. People testing you should not be asking about immigration status.

Food Supplies and Meals

Salt Lake City School District Meals for Students

Salt Lake City School District Food Boxes for Families

Granite School District Meals for Students

The Utah Food Bank food pantries and mobile food pantries across the state

The University of Utah food pantry for students

Mutual Aid available for all families (groceries/medications/supplies/cash):

Salt Lake Valley COVID Mutual Aid delivers groceries, medical supplies, household goods, and cash assistance. Request support in Español (Spanish), English, Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese), or Arabic. Access help online or on the phone (385) 743-0224 in English and Spanish

Migrant Mutual Aid Utah is a new group, raising funds solely for undocumented and mixed-status families.

Jewish Family Service is offering emergency funds. Call 801-746-4334. They will take your information and have someone call you back in English or Spanish (please call in with your own translator for other languages). Available to undocumented and mixed-status families.

Utah Community Action provides emergency funds and supports. Call 801-359-2444. Leave a message if nobody answers and someone will call you back in English or Spanish (Please call in with your own translator for other languages). Available to undocumented and mixed-status families.

Rent and Mortgage Assistance

Emergency help with utilities, housing and food  offered by Utah Community Action. Call  (801) 359-2444. If they are busy, leave a message and they will call you back. Translation is available. One person in household must have legal documentation to be in the US.

Rent and mortgage assistance offered by the Salvation Army on a case by case basis. Call and talk to social worker at (801) 988-4204

Healthcare & COVID-19 Testing

Intermountain Health Care offers free COVID-19 testing. Because of the Families First act, everyone will be covered for COVID-19 testing and related exam costs, regardless of insurance status. Any co-pays or in-network requirements are also waived. Call (844) 442-5224

University of Utah Health has free in-car COVID-19 testing regardless of insurance. Call 801-587-0712 before visiting the hospital or a clinic. They are not allowed to ask for your immigration status. 

Financial Aid for Students

Some financial aid for U of U students is available regardless of immigration status:

Home utilities assistance

Home utilities (gas, power) will not be turned off by Rocky Mountain Power or Dominion Energy. Call to ask for more time to pay or to set up a payment plan:

Direct Service Organizations

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Simple Citizen and the Mexican Consulate offer $50 for assistance in applying for DACA. They will send you a package with all the papers to your home after you finish doing it online:

Anyone with the ability to legally work in the USA may qualify for Unemployment Insurance in Utah (DACA, TPS, other work permits). You can begin a claim here:



Visit UNP's COVID-19 Resource Page