About Partners in the Park
Partners in the Park (PIP) is a multi-week summer program designed to bring University faculty, staff, students, community partner organizations, and west side residents together in local neighborhood parks. PIP acquaints west side residents with the University of Utah’s academic, cultural, and research opportunities through shared interests and activities. The events connect potential students with the University and other institutions of higher education, raising their awareness of and access to the lifelong value of higher education. The events also provide west side residents with access to local resources, community organizations, and enriching activities.
Held on five Tuesdays throughout the summer, Partners in the Park events draw a wide array of community residents and families. Activities have included dance presentations, balloon tying, magic shows, Frisbee contests, kickball, soccer, temporary tattooing, balloon relay races, raffles, hat making, Taekwondo, gardening activities, bike rodeos, bingo, Zumba, jump roping, and face painting. Each event offers a picnic dinner, free of charge that are served to all in attendance.
During Partners in the Park, University Neighborhood Partners, its staff, community partners, and University partners work to:
- Distribute educational information to the community;
- Provide the community with a greater knowledge of UNP, the University, and its partners;
- Increase communication and interaction between UNP staff, community partners and university partners;
- Strengthen community-building and networking;
- Welcome all community members;
- Utilize each partner’s strengths; and
- Offer activities that encompass learning, cooperation, enrichment, and family fun.
Please join us at the events and learn more!